COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program
All BakerRipley Rental Assistance funds have been committed at this time.
Tenants that need assistance with past due rent are encouraged to apply. Applications will be kept on file and BakerRipley will notify applicants should additional rental assistance funds become available.
Rental assistance applications submitted before December 29th requesting past due rent for September, October and/or November 2020 are being processed and tenants will be updated on their application status.
Landlords needing to return rental assistance funds to BakerRipley have to make the check out to BakerRipley, reference “RAP” and include the invoice number provided on your statement along with the Tenant’s name.
Mail the check to:
P.O. Box 231808
Houston, TX 77223
Landlords should note the following general information:
- A Landlord’s residential property(ies) must be located within the City of Houston or Harris County. To check whether your property is located within City of Houston or Harris County, please, go here.
- A Landlord will be asked to complete a Landlord Enrollment form, upload supporting documents, and review and sign a Participating Landlord Agreement. To see all Landlord program terms and conditions, please go here.
- Once a Tenant’s Application is approved, the Landlord will be asked to confirm the amount of past due rent.
- Once amount of past due rent is confirmed, the Landlord will receive the ‘confirmed pledge’ which will indicate the amount of the rental assistance approved.
- BakerRipley will make payment on the ‘confirmed pledge’ directly to the Landlord via electronic payment (ACH) to the Landlords bank account.
- Once payment is made to the Landlord on behalf of an eligible Tenant, the Landlord will be required to credit the tenant’s account within 5 business days.
- If the tenant submitted an application for rental assistance and has since paid the past due amount, then the landlord should apply rental assistance funds received from BakerRipley to the original past due balance, and apply funds the tenant paid on its own to any new past due rent.
- For more information, visit the FAQ page.