COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program
Landlords should note the following general information:
- A Landlord’s residential property(ies) must be located within the City of Houston or Harris County. To check whether your property is located within City of Houston or Harris County, please, go here.
- A Landlord will be asked to complete a Landlord Enrollment form, upload supporting documents, and review and sign a Participating Landlord Agreement. To see all Landlord program terms and conditions, please go here.
- Once a Tenant’s Application is approved, the Landlord will be asked to confirm the amount of past due rent.
- Once amount of past due rent is confirmed, the Landlord will receive the ‘confirmed pledge’ which will indicate the amount of the rental assistance approved.
- BakerRipley will make payment on the ‘confirmed pledge’ directly to the Landlord via electronic payment (ACH) to the Landlords bank account.
- Once payment is made to the Landlord on behalf of an eligible Tenant, the Landlord will be required to credit the tenant’s account within 5 business days.
- For more information, visit the FAQ page.