COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program
Application for past due rent for September, October and November is now open. The program can pay up to $1,900 in past due rent even when tenants received BakerRipley COVID-19 Rental Assistance in the past, provided that the landlord is enrolled in the program.
The BakerRipley COVID-19 Rental Assistance Program will end on December 30th 2020 or when funds are no longer available.
We are no longer accepting applications for rental assistance for the months of April - August. Rental Assistance applications submitted before November 2nd requesting past due rent for April - August are being processed and tenants will be updated on their application status.
Landlords should note the following general information:
- A Landlord’s residential property(ies) must be located within the City of Houston or Harris County. To check whether your property is located within City of Houston or Harris County, please, go here.
- A Landlord will be asked to complete a Landlord Enrollment form, upload supporting documents, and review and sign a Participating Landlord Agreement. To see all Landlord program terms and conditions, please go here.
- Once a Tenant’s Application is approved, the Landlord will be asked to confirm the amount of past due rent.
- Once amount of past due rent is confirmed, the Landlord will receive the ‘confirmed pledge’ which will indicate the amount of the rental assistance approved.
- BakerRipley will make payment on the ‘confirmed pledge’ directly to the Landlord via electronic payment (ACH) to the Landlords bank account.
- Once payment is made to the Landlord on behalf of an eligible Tenant, the Landlord will be required to credit the tenant’s account within 5 business days.
- If the tenant submitted an application for rental assistance and has since paid the past due amount, then the landlord should apply rental assistance funds received from BakerRipley to the original past due balance, and apply funds the tenant paid on its own to any new past due rent.
- For more information, visit the FAQ page.